Wednesday 21 January 2015

Independent Resarch

To further the research and planning aspect of my coursework, before creating my opening title sequence to a film I decided to carry out some independent research.

I looked at both opening title sequences from thriller films and previous students' work in order to get inspiration from and to avoid as much as possible at making mistakes in my work that others have made in the past.

I decided to firstly get a clearer idea of what to include in my opening title sequence and a big factor in it is credits.

Opening Credits - BBC : This link was very useful to my research as it gave me a clearer idea of the credits to include in my opening title sequence, as well as what order they should appear in.
The positioning of credits in an opening title sequence is also important, the typography and colour must be readable wherever they are positioned. An idea is to position credits within the scene, for example, against a wall or dark object.

Typography
is important in opening title sequences, as different types foreshadow the type of genre and mood to the film. E.g. Romance


From our BFI trip, a talk was held by Pete Fraser, who runs a media studies blog. He has created a PowerPoint on 'making film openings', which included common mistakes made by students, how to avoid this and how to get the best possible grade by stressing the importance of organisation.

Pete's Making Film Openings PowerPoint

I found this post useful as it informed me of how to go about striving for the best possible grade.



No comments:

Post a Comment